Meditation: 5 Tips to Get Started
Meditation Tips to Get Started
There are a million reasons to begin a meditation practice. Some do it because it manages stress, others enjoy the inner calm and peace that carries them through their day. Whatever the reason, studies prove it works. Here’s some tips to guide you on your journey.
5 Tips to Get You Started
1. Decide to start. Okay that’s probably the hardest. Once you make the decision to begin, everything comes together.
2. How do you want to meditate? It isn’t rocket science, nor is it something mysterious or difficult, however, there are lots of choices. You can practice with music, a mantra, or with a guided meditation.
3. Where is the best place to meditate? The only criteria is a place where you will not be disturbed, is orderly and preferably aesthetically pleasing.
4. When is the best time to meditate? Anytime is a good time. Early in the morning and evening are best. Meditating before you begin your day gets you grounded and sets the tone for your day. Evening meditation puts you in a more relaxed state and you'll sleep more peaceful. Start with 10 minutes and progress to 20. Some meditators practice for hours. Do what feels good to you.
5. Sit or lie down in a comfortable position. If you’re sitting be sure your posture is erect. Close your eyes and focus them towards the area between your eyebrows (your eye of intuition). Inhale deeply through your nose filling the bottom portion of your lungs. Exhale slowly through your mouth. Keep your attention focused on your breath and your mantra or word.
Thoughts will come into your mind. Acknowledge them and let them go. Stay focused on your breath and mantra.
This CD is a Guided Imagery Meditation for Physical and Spiritual Wellness by National Stress-Relief Expert, Susie Mantell. It is a Publishers Weekly Award-Winner for "Best Audios" at the Listen Up Awards. With this CD, you are welcomed to a quiet place where worries dissipate... where healing begins. The warm narration carries you effortlessly into soft relaxation, releasing the day surrounding this half-hour, relieving symptoms associated with stress and sleeplessness, pain, depression, fatigue, cancer, trauma and loss. In a world that often seems to spin too fast, here's a gentle path to a quiet place.
The practice of meditation benefits your mind, body and soul; you’ll become calmer, more peaceful, and loving.
MORE AT EDEN'S
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Having a daily meditation practice will open your heart and connect you to your higher self. As you meditate each day you will become more peaceful, calm and loving towards yourself. This opens the pathway to your bliss- your reason and passion for this life you have come to live.
Meditation is perhaps the only true vacation you will ever get!
This video offers a
Easy 5 step Meditation Guide
anyone can use to quickly begin experiencing the effects of meditation.
Please like and subscribe, thank you.
You Might Also Like
Shop Eden’s Corner
Whether you’re window shopping, or serious, we have carefully selected products for you and the health of our planet. Your generosity helps us keep the lights on, Thank You!
Disclaimer: Eden’s Corner does not endorse some products you may find (below) on Amazon. Amazon does their best to offer you products that honor our philosophy.
As an affiliate of Amazon, we endeavor to offer the best quality and lowest prices as always through Amazon.com.
Your purchase helps partner with us in supporting this website and the valuable work we do for you.
We thank you and wish you good health, wellness and Love.